Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Album 60 - Lester Young - The Lester Young Story Volume 1

Lester Young– The Lester Young Story Volume 1 - Columbia – CG 33502 - 1976
Genre: Jazz

Tracks:
  1. Shoe Shine Boy
  2. Shoe Shine Boy (Alt.)
  3. Evenin'
  4. Boogie-Woogie
  5. Oh Lady Be Good
  6. He Ain't Got No Rhythm
  7. This Year's Kisses
  8. Why Was I Born
  9. I Must Have That Man
  10. Sun Showers
  11. Yours And Mine
  12. Mean To Me
  13. Mean To Me (Alt.)
  14. Fooling Myself
  15. Easy Living
  16. I'll Never Be The Same
  17. I've Found A New Baby
  18. I've Found A New Baby (Alt.)
  19. Me, Myself And I Are All In Love With You
  20. Me, Myself And I Are All In Love With You (Alt.)
  21. A Sailboat In The Moonlight
  22. Born To Love
  23. Without Your Love
  24. Without Your Love (Alt.)

Performers:

Recordings date between 1936-37, and show Young playing in Teddy Wilson's orchestra (with Benny Goodman and Billie Holliday on vocals), The Jones-Smith inc (with Count Basie on Piano) and the Billie Holliday Orchestra.



A mono recording with some Billie Holliday tracks.One for the archives.

No comments:

Post a Comment