Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Album 57 - Robert Wyatt - 1982-1984

Robert Wyatt– 1982-1984 - Rough Trade – RTSP 25 - 1984
Genre: Fusion

Tracks:
  1. Shipbuiding
  2. Round Midnight
  3. (Everything Seems To Bring) Memories Of You
  4. Amber & Amberines
  5. Biko
  6. Te Recuerdo Amanda
  7. Yolanda

Performers:
Performer [All Instruments] – Robert Wyatt


ShipBuilding was co-written by Elvis Costello. Though he is not listed as a performer I do recognize his voice.

I had previously transcribed one side of this album using ith Ion USB turntable. I decided to replace that transcription using the DAK system.

Some of the tracks on this album duplicate tracks on the album Nothing Can Stop Us (Album 20).

This album ended up in my collection as an inadvertent pilferage from the record library at the FM radio station where I worked in the 80s and 90s. The note scrawled on the jacket reads: "One of the great artists of the century".


No comments:

Post a Comment